Positive Behaviour Support Training
Restrictive Practices within a Positive Behaviour Framework
Restrictive Practices training covers the practices that are prohibited and those which are restrictive when supporting people with a disability. Restrictive Practices training is best used in conjunction with Positive Behaviour Support. The framework surrounding positive behaviour support includes an understanding of a person centred approach to supporting customers to make choices, build skills and live a full and inclusive life.
1 day (or can be delivered as 2 x 3 hr)
Key Learning objectives:
- Overview of human rights and the framework of disability support
- Positive behaviour support and what that looks like
- Duty of Care v/s Dignity of Risk. Identifying what the boundaries of the role of support works are when it comes to the choices of customers
- Awareness of what is a prohibited and restrictive practice
- Awareness of the process of getting a restrictive practice approved for use
- Responsibilities of recording and documenting the use of a restrictive practice and fade out strategies
For more information, fill in the contact form below.